Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Pro Choice

All the talk of Harriet Mier and her (non) stance on abortion has made me think about abortion. More specifically, my abortions.

I had the first one in 1981 -- the summer after I graduated high school. I knew from the very minute my period was late that I was pregnant. I just felt different. Different and scared. Scared of the impact that my actions and decisions in the next few weeks would have on the rest of my life. When I told my boyfriend he was so kind, sweet & loving. Told me the decision was mine to make but he would support me in whatever decision I made. I never had a desire to have a kid, and certainly not have a kid at 18 -- not when the longed for freedom was right around the corner. I have never regretted my decision, but sometimes I think, I could have a kid that's XX years old and sometimes I wonder, had I had that baby, how different my life would be now.

Fast forward 10 years later -- me, taking a pregnancy test in the ladies room at work. Again, I didn't need a test to tell me what was going on. This time the boyfriend wasn't as kind and supportive, we really weren't in a good place and both knew the end was coming sooner rather than later. He was quite relieved that I didn't want to have his child.

So you can see why I support the pro-choice side of the abortion debate. And you can be anti-abortion but still be pro-choice. However, for those on the other side: if you don't believe in abortion fine, don't have one and don't accidentally knock anyone up. Don't impose your moralistic, puritanical views on my life. And did you ever notice how the most outspoken, the most outraged of the anti-abortion, anti-choice sector are men? DON'T FUCKING MESS WITH MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE ASSHOLES!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • My World In Pictures
  • Don't Misunderstand Me
  • I Think I Love You
  • Rachel Ray I'm Not
  • Fall Foliage
  • If One More Asshole Calls Me To Talk About the Yan...
  • Can You Hear Me Now?
  • The Second Season: Poetry in Motion
  • Fucking Away in Philly
  • We Won the AL East aka Holy Fucking Shit


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape