Thursday, April 06, 2006
Got A Bridge For Sale?

I am a born and bred New Yorker. And it took me 30 years to go to the top of the Empire State Building. Not that it took 30 years to get to the top of the ESB, I didn't go until I was 30. Just so you understand the difference.

I've been thinking of other-only-in-NY-experiences-that-I-haven't-yet-
experienced-but-would-like-to-before-I die and #1 on my list? Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. I always see pics of the BB when the subway isn't running and people are trekking back & forth but have never been on it myself. I hear the views of Manhattan are fabulous from the promenade. Since I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Brooklyn so this would also fit into my I-like-to-explore-different-neighborhoods thing. Nothing like being a tourist in your own hometown.






2 Comments:
Blogger CP had this to say:

Oh girl, 30 + years in New York too, born and bred. And yeah, I did the touristy thing...mainly because my parents dragged me as a kid, but as I became a teen and then a 20 something, I was disenchanted.

Then, I moved to Florida. Lawd, I would do anything to be back in that city. I went there a year ago and took my son to see the Empire State Building for the first time. Nothing like seeing it through the eyes of your children.

CP.

3:51 PM 

Blogger Queenmatrai had this to say:

I heart NY

Ive been up ESB :)

It was stunning

Noojes

1:16 PM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • First Comments
  • Yawn!
  • The Starting Lineup
  • Glory Days
  • The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  • No Joking
  • Friday Blog
  • A Not Much To Update Update
  • Every Single Day
  • Do I Have Boogers Hanging Out of My Nose?


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape