Monday, December 12, 2005
There's No Urgency in Emergency

2:30 a.m. Sat/Sun found me alone in the emergency room of a nearby hospital. Now it's bad enough to be in the ER, to be there alone was so... lonely. I know I could've called one of my sisters but I thought unless I was really dying or about to undergo surgery I didn't want to bother them. Unidentified stomach pain & vomitting (I never throw up!) and thoughts of appendicitis (WTF?) and other similiar scary things made me go. It was kinda surreal sitting in the ER, watching "ER". And let me tell you, none of the dr's I saw looked liked George Clooney. They didn't even look like the guy who-was-Baileys-best-friend-on-PO5. Seriously, this hospital could hands down win the "Ugliest Doctor" contest. The 2nd doctor I saw scared me with his ugliness -- you just know he was the loser-est of nerds back in HS. The kind of nerd that was so nerdy even the other nerds didn't want to be around him. The king of geeks if you will. Ugly + the bedside manner of a dead fish. Many, many hours later, after lots of probing and a CAT scan, I left, probably 6 million dollars poorer with no real diagnosis. Beacuse by the time I actually saw a doctor (about 4 hours later) the pain had gone away. So on top of being very, very tired I felt a little foolish.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • Come Out Wherever You Are
  • The Post About Bodily Functions
  • Sweet Dreams
  • All My Loving
  • Street Survivors
  • Christmas Music
  • My Fabulous Furry Feline Friends
  • A Thanksgiving Tradition
  • y'all sexy
  • Those Were The Days


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape