Monday, November 28, 2005
Christmas Music

Saw this over on the Blacklist at Black Table & had to share.
http://www.blacktable.com/blacklist051123.htm

LITEFM JUMPING THE GUN ON CHRISTMAS MUSIC: Bill Buchner. Valerie Smaldone. Christine Nagy. Karen Carson. These are just a few of the DJs on suicide watch now that 106.7 decided to play All-Christmas-All-The-Time (the famed ACATT format). Usually in this market, such a move means your station is hopelessly lost in a sea of failed formats (see WNEW/FM Talk 102.7/Blink 102.7/Mix 102.7) or it's exactly 10 seconds after Thanksgiving. This year, however, Lite FM has decided to torment DJs, listeners and dental office employees alike by switching to holiday melancholia not on Black Friday and not in December, but LAST WEEK. That's right, more than a month of solid Christmas with nary a note of "Christmas in Hollis," "Father Christmas (Give Us Some Money)" or that Christmas song Slade did when they were drunk. Call me a humbug, but I'm going to guess that somewhere in the second week of December, some poor store clerk who's been subjected to nearly 168 plays of Whitney Houston's overreaching "Do You Hear What I Hear?" is going to snatch up a customer in a Ultimate Fighting-style guillotine choke and not let go until the station's programmers start playing All 4 One's "I Can Love You Like That" again. This stuff may pass as easy listening now, but it's going to be damn hard not to turn the dial after Satan-incarnate Andy Williams starts in on "Most Wonderful Time of the Year." May satellite radio steal all the presents from under Clear Channel's tree this year: F -- Jason Notte






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • My Fabulous Furry Feline Friends
  • A Thanksgiving Tradition
  • y'all sexy
  • Those Were The Days
  • My Dad
  • My Thoughts on ET & Todd R.
  • Showing Off
  • Poopie Head
  • Who is AL & Why Does He Get An MVP Award?
  • Long May You Run


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape