Monday, November 14, 2005
Who is AL & Why Does He Get An MVP Award?

Rodriguez gets a $1 million bonus for winning the MVP

During the last week or so of the season there was a huge debate raging: who was more deserving of the AL MVP -- A Rod (.321 with 48 homers and 130 RBIs) or Big Papi ( .300 with 47 homers and a 148 RBIs). Since both players put up fantabulous #'s the debate centered whether A Rod was more deserving of the MVP since he produced on offense AND defense, whereas Ortiz was the DH & didnt contribute in the field. The award was announced today with a victory by A Rod.

But that's not what this post is about really -- what's its about is he gets a MILLION DOLLAR bonus for winning the award. Hello! People! Like he's not getting amply rewarded for doing his job already? That's why he's making all that money, because he can put up those kind of #'s. This is not George's doing, George does not believe in giving incentive bonuses because he's giving them enough money in the first place.

Believe it or not the same thing happens here at the TCTPMS. Sales people get BONUSES for reaching their sales goals. In essence, they get a bonus for doing what they are paid to do in the first place. Yeah I get a bonus for doing my job - it's called keeping my job.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • Long May You Run
  • Love in the Afternoon
  • Follow Up
  • Poor Poor Pitiful Me
  • The Longest Week
  • Thanks Maddie
  • Creature Comforts
  • Why I'm Not Blogging As Often As I Would Like
  • Another Example of How NOT to Keep House
  • All Hail the Pale Hose


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape