Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Poor Poor Pitiful Me

When you volunteer (and I stress volunteer) to take care of your sister after she's had surgery involving general anethesia and sharp pointy instruments inserted her body please consider the following do's & don't's:

DO offer to hold her bag upon leaving the hospital
DO help her into the cab instead of jumping in before her
DO NOT crititize your sisters house/lifestyle/choice of tv show/cats or ANYTHING.
DO NOT expect her to want to go to a restaurant upon arriving home
DO get out of bed the next morning, go the pharmacy to get the antibotics she needs
DO NOT ask her if she needs you to do something after she's come back from the pharmacy with the antibotics (and the milk).
DO get off your ass and offer to make her a cup of tea.
DO leave. Understand your sister has to rest and is not able to do so with you in her house critizing EVERYTHING.






1 Comments:
Blogger Robert Allen Zimmerman had this to say:

Chin up l'il camper.

Sisters will criticize, it's what they do best. Perhaps not the best sense of timing...did I ever tell you about the time when I posted this huge nasty post about a fellow blogger who messed with me and at that momement my sister called to tell me I was the root cause of the problem? Yeah, I know, sisters and the advice giving thing is the way life works.

Anyhoo, over the summer when I had all four wisdom teeth out, I made a big pot of french onion soup, guess whose sister and brother in law ate a bunch of it (I ended up getting two servings out of it).

Law of the land.

Don't know why the BF was so not helpful, sometimes that's the way things role.

Hope you feel better soon.

11:05 AM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • The Longest Week
  • Thanks Maddie
  • Creature Comforts
  • Why I'm Not Blogging As Often As I Would Like
  • Another Example of How NOT to Keep House
  • All Hail the Pale Hose
  • Life in the Slow Lane
  • random thoughts, questions & observations
  • Blown To Smithereens
  • Pro Choice


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape