Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Bah Humbug & I Mean It **

I hate this time of year. I hate Christmas, I hate Chanukah, I hate New Years... I am a non-denonimational hater of holidays. I hate all the hype & hypocricy. I hate the expectations & ultimate dissappointments. Peace & goodwill towards men? Yeah, like THAT's going to happen. ONE of the things I hate is how this time of year has turned into all about how much the retail industry can sucker you into buying. And people fall for this crap year after year. It's like they try to make up for all their shortcomings or whatever with just the "perfect" present. Each year people, who can ill afford to, go deeper and deeper into debt trying to create the "perfect" holiday. Guess what people? DOESN'T HAPPEN. All that happens is that the Walmart family has another 0 to add to their net worth. Oh, and your gonna be paying for that shit until next Christmas. And if you don't have family or loved ones to spend the holdiay with, what the fuck is so Merry about that?

I think I've spewed enough holiday hate for today. We'll get to New Years eve another time.



**I'm not kidding. And believe it or not, I had a very happy loving childhood with very fond holiday memories.






3 Comments:
Blogger Katie had this to say:

the whole month just gives me agita.

3:36 PM 

Blogger Janet had this to say:

Are you sure you aren't my boyfriend?

9:09 PM 

Blogger Lisa Ann had this to say:

It's nice to know I'm not alone in my holiday hating.

9:33 AM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • What's Up?
  • The Dude Abides
  • What Could Have Been? What Should Never Be?
  • Where Are You?
  • LOOKING FOR YOUNG BOY FUCKING SPOONS?
  • There's No Urgency in Emergency
  • Come Out Wherever You Are
  • The Post About Bodily Functions
  • Sweet Dreams
  • All My Loving


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape