Sunday, September 11, 2005
California Girl


My world changed the minute she walked into the room.

Physically she was everything I was not: tall, skinny, long beautiful hair, an amazing beauty with a smile that lit up the planet. She was from California, which made her exotic in my Bronx born and bred world. Her name was Elizabeth Ann Pyles.

We became instant friends in only the way 13 year olds can. And we remained best friends despite the miles between us, husbands, lovers, kids and cancer. And when she died at age 24 on Sept. 10th, 1987 my world changed again.

All these years later I still miss her so much. She is never far from my thoughts and always in my heart.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • I JUST LOVE THIS FACE!
  • In Case You Were Wondering
  • An Observation
  • Blog Blog Blog....
  • Charity Begins at Home
  • The Big Easy
  • Weekend Update
  • Toxic Waste & Memories of my Mom
  • Quick Thought
  • Blog Update


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape