Sunday, February 11, 2007
Read Between The Lines

Today I was talking to MS, dscussing our mutual dissatisfaction with our lifes, bemoaning our fates. During the course of the conversation we were throwing ideas around, how to shake things up, get things going, etc. One of her suggestions was that we don't read anything for a week, instead spend that time doing something creative or just thinking. I was so totally freaked out by that suggestion -- so much of my day is spent reading, whether it's a book, magazine, newspaper or websites, I couldn't even entertain that thought. It would be easier for me to give up TV or breathing for that matter. I could see the point she was making, but actually do it? Never.

We actually came up with a plan--more on that later.

And speaking of books, I'm almost finished with one of the best books I've ever read in my life. IN. MY. LIFE. That's alot of books people. If you haven't already, run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore or library and pick up a copy of "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilber. You will not be sorry. Then let me know what you thought.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • He Would've Been 23 Today
  • Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
  • Hip Hip
  • Take The Damn Bloody Sock & Stick It Where the Sun...
  • Ho Fucking Hum
  • Aches & Pains
  • Life'll Kill You
  • To Do
  • If It's Wednesday It Must Wednesday
  • My Boyfriend's Back!


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape