Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Life'll Kill You

So the other night was the stupid black-tie work thing; it wasn't bad, it wasn't good, just another bullshit thing I had to endure. Alot of self-congratulating, posturing and one very long boring speech. The food was horrid, I was ravenous by the time I got home -- thank goodness for poptarts! And did I mention the feet hurting? Oh lord, were they ever. And you know what? There are muscles in your legs that hurt like fucking hell when you never wear heels.

But enough! of my blathering. This post is not about me (shocking I know) but one of the true originals in the music world. Today would have been Warren Zevon's 60th birthday. Zevon was a devastatingly talented songwriter; he was an astute chronicler of life and love, and his wit and talent are greatly missed.

In honor of this occasion, I give you one of the greatest songs he wrote *IMHO*.

Hasten Down The Wind
She tells him she thinks she needs to be free
He tells her he doesn't understand
She takes his hand
She tells him nothing's working out the way they planned

She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
So he's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind

Then he agrees he thinks she needs to be free
Then she says she'd rather be with him
But it's just a whim
By which she hopes to keep him on the limb

She's so many women
He can't find the one who was his friend
So he's hanging on to half her heart
He can't have the restless part
So he tells her to hasten down the wind






1 Comments:
Blogger ~Tim had this to say:

It's kind of a shame that he's best known to many people for Werewolves of London when he wrote so much other great stuff.

10:40 PM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • To Do
  • If It's Wednesday It Must Wednesday
  • My Boyfriend's Back!
  • John Cougar
  • Frank Thomas Was His Bitch
  • Things I Miss (In No Order of Importance)
  • It Bears Repeating
  • Thank You
  • So Long, Farewell
  • - The First I Hate My Job Post of 2007 -


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape