Monday, September 11, 2006
Holy Postal Services Batman!

I think I set some sort of record today for junk mail received. Seriously. The thing about the junk mail? Most of it isn't for me. I still receive mail ALMOST EVERY DAY addressed to my parents. Who died over 5 years ago. At first I would write "deceased" on the mail & send it back but it didn't seem to make any difference. Which brings me to the point of this post -- the 9/11 families (yes, I'm going to make the segue from junk mail to 9/11). What I wonder is this: just getting some bullshit junk mail addressed to my parents makes me sad. How do the 9/11 families cope with the loss of a loved one, which is such a private thing, in such a public forum? Not that they would ever forget the anniversary but maybe for once they would like to? Does it make it harder that everyone makes such a big hoopla? With me, a computer generated form letter donation request can make me depressed, how do you cope with every newspaper, tv, and everything else reminding you, reminding you, that today is the anniversary of one of the worse days of your life?






1 Comments:
Blogger ozchic_9 had this to say:

Yeah that's sad! Everyone KNOWS what 9/11 is, its just another way of the media making money and not letting anyone forget it. (not that we could)

8:35 AM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • Rock Me On The Water
  • Hellacious
  • Et Tu Johnny?
  • And Many More
  • #53 in the field, #1 in our hearts
  • I Love Playing Hooky!
  • Damn The Torpedos
  • Notes From My Day
  • In The Heat of the Moment
  • MSCL By the Numbers


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape