Sunday, August 27, 2006
In The Heat of the Moment

I cheated on my boyfriend with one of his best friends. Bad enough to cheat but to breach the sancity of the best friend circle? Double shame on me. I loved hanging out with Bren's friends, and they accepted and embraced me as one of their own so when I betrayed him I also betrayed them.

I read in the paper today that the "supergroup" ASIA has reunited. And that brought back a flood of (not so good memories) of that time. One night, the whole group of us, along with my friend Kat had gone to see ASIA down at the Palladium on 14th Street. Before I tell you the rest of the story, keep in mind:

a. my history of running away (even though this was 4 years later and I was 18 now)
b. i was fooling around with my boyfriends friend
c. Kat & I had done a hit of mesc

Maybe because of the drugs, maybe because of lust, I had the bright idea to slip Dick a note telling him to come back after everyone had been dropped off. So I pretended to go upstairs but really waited for Dick to come back for me. We then went to his house and screwed our brains out. Come morning Dick & I head back to my house, figuring my parents had left for work and we'd continue our tryst. What I didn't count on was my parents were still because I didn't come home the night before and had assumed I'd run away again. Luckily I had rang the intercom before going upstairs, to make sure the coast was clear so we didn't get busted head on. But I still had to deal wtih my parents. My parents who called my friends asking had they seen me. Poor Kat. How confused was she? Here she had seen me get out of the car, supposedly go upstairs and now my parents were saying I hadn't come home. And then there was the matter of Brendan. Who also had seen me supposedly go upstairs. Well, due to some fast-talking on my part I managed to get my parents calmed down and to convince my boyfriend that I had spent the night at another friends house and totally play it off like it was no big deal.

He's since forgave me but I've always felt so bad about the cheating and lying. It wasn't the first or last time I did that to him but that one night left an especially bad taste in my mouth. And since that night whenever I hear ASIA I cringe from the memory.






1 Comments:
Blogger Queenmatrai had this to say:

Whoa

Thanks for sharing...

noojes

2:13 PM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • MSCL By the Numbers
  • Circa 1986
  • Boob Job
  • Today I Consider Myself The Luckiest...
  • So Much Baseball, So Little Time
  • Fun Fact Courtesy of Snapple
  • Therefore, I Hate My Job
  • sos
  • Cousins
  • 627,000 Photos of Flowers, Glass & Other Botanical...


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape