Wednesday, July 12, 2006
A Day Without Baseball is Like A Day Without Sunshine

Coincidentally? there is no sunshine in NYC today.

I won't comment on the All Commercial Game because I only watched the intro's and the first inning. Well, one comment. What is with the game starting so late? It didn't begin until after 8:30. How the hell are little kids supposed to watch the game? It's the same thing with the playoffs. Again, I understand why (FOX you money grubbing whores) but still. Start the games at 7 or 7:30 (FOX you greedy bastards).

What is the deal with me waking up in the middle of the night lately? I'll be sound asleep and then BOOM! Wide awake. And hot. Oh so hot. Despite having the AC, ceiling fan and another fan on. And it's not like I can fall right back to sleep. Oh no. That would be too simple. I have to lay there for an hour or two and catalog everything that's wrong with my life. Or go pee a hundred times. Of course I finally drift off 15 minutes before the alarm goes off. Fun times.

So this morning I'm all groggy and cranky from lack of sleep (that's today's excuse anyway) and this Joni Mitchell song comes on the not-an-ipod. Isn't it great how you can be feeling so bad and one song, one simple song, can totally make you feel better? Well, almost better anyway.


Amelia

I was driving across the burning desert
When I spotted six jet planes
Leaving six white vapor trails across the bleak terrain
It was the hexagram of the heavens
It was the strings of my guitar
Amelia, it was just a false alarm

The drone of flying engines
Is a song so wild and blue
It scrambles time and seasons if it gets thru to you
Then your life becomes a travelogue
Of picture-post-card-charms
Amelia, it was just a false alarm

People will tell you where they've gone
They'll tell you where to go
But till you get there yourself you never really know
Where some have found their paradise
Others just come to harm
Oh Amelia, it was just a false alarm

I wish that he was here tonight
It's so hard to obey
His sad request of me to kindly stay away
So this is how I hide the hurt
As the road leads cursed and charmed
I tell Amelia, it was just a false alarm

A ghost of aviation
She was swallowed by the sky
Or by the sea, like me she had a dream to fly
Like icarus ascending
On beautiful foolish arms
Amelia, it was just a false alarm

Maybe I've never really loved
I guess that is the truth
I've spent my whole life in clouds at icy altitude
And looking down on everything
I crashed into his arms
Amelia, it was just a false alarm

I pulled into the cactus tree motel
To shower off the dust
And I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust
I dreamed of 747s
Over geometric farms
Dreams, amelia, dreams and false alarms






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • Hum-Drum Derby & Other All Star Related Notes
  • To The Old Lady That Lives at the Other End of the...
  • The Isle of Coney
  • The Amazing Angela
  • Warning: Talk of Nasty Ass Related Stuff Ahead
  • Recap
  • Smile
  • Trooper
  • David Wright Not Gay (For Now)
  • Small Talked Out


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape