Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Hum-Drum Derby & Other All Star Related Notes

Despite my vows to boycott this years HR Derby I wound up watching it anyway. With the sound off because hearing Chris Berman say "back, back, back" a million times is just too much to bear. Wright was pretty impressive but holy fuck, did you see some of those shots that David Ortiz (big pap-smear) hit? Joking around with MM I said that they should have the pitcher wearing a Yankees uni and put some men on base and then he'll really crush the ball. Another suggestion (this one by G) is instead of this bullshit of having the winning team of the All Star Game (which I'm renaming the All-Commercial Game) determine who gets home field advantage in the World Series (stupidest, lamest idea ever), use the interleague records of the league's to determine that. Makes sense to me but of course it's really not about what makes sense, it's about ratings and revenue. Just like everything else. Sigh.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • To The Old Lady That Lives at the Other End of the...
  • The Isle of Coney
  • The Amazing Angela
  • Warning: Talk of Nasty Ass Related Stuff Ahead
  • Recap
  • Smile
  • Trooper
  • David Wright Not Gay (For Now)
  • Small Talked Out
  • All Duded Up


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape