Friday, March 10, 2006
Identity Crisis

Lately, I feel like my identity is so muddled and I'm questioning my life choices. Who am I? How do I define myself? Have I made the right choices? What's next? Where do I go from here? I hate feeling this way, doubting myself all the time. I know I must make changes, I just don't know what. I have to get this shit worked out in my head otherwise it's just going to get worse. And I can't let that happen.

It used to be easy. I was Lisa, daughter of J & I, younger sister of M & N. I had a clearly defined family, with a clearly defined family role. Once my parents died that identity was gone. It's been five years and I've been through the shock, grief, all the things that you experience when such an earth-shattering event happens. While I've come to terms with losing them I still haven't come to terms with where all this leaves me. And who it makes me.






1 Comments:
Blogger Queenmatrai had this to say:

Sometimes I feel that these 'larger than life' questions need not be answered.

What we need to do is live in the "Now" and be happy in the "Now" and find a purpose for being alive in the "Now"

That purpose could be to feed your cat or smile for yourself or even just say 'good morning' to a stranger on the sidewalk.

Try it...

Noojes

1:57 AM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • Gotta Get Going
  • Who I Am
  • Dreaming of George & Oscar & Sam & Lindsay
  • You Know What This Blog Needs?
  • Where Have All The Good Men Gone?
  • I Wonder if Mark McGwire Had These Problems
  • I've Got The Music In Me
  • The Only Thing Missing Was Going to See NRBQ
  • Snowy Sunday
  • Han Solo Is Not My Friend


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape