Monday, February 06, 2006
What the Super Bowl Means To Me

Football seaon is over! Yeah! Which means Spring Training starts in like less than 2 weeks. Fucking A! OK, it's just pitchers & catchers but still.... I'll take it. I'm just wondering though, how did the offseason go by so fast? It's true what "they" say: the older you get, the faster time goes. Maybe 'cause (knock wood) we've had a pretty good winter weather-wise. Thank godness 'cause lordy I hate the snow and ice. But I digress.

In other news, I got the paint for my bathroom & kitchen. I had to move all the crap out of those rooms (which means I had to move other crap to make room for the displaced crap -- so now there's piles of crap in the weirdest places). Let's hope that this is a smooth & easy process, because I don't the ability to handle any inconvience or disruption to my life. Especially when it interrupts my bathroom time.

Sat. night the family & I went to Friday's for dinner. I can't stand that place, it's always so (fill in the blank) _______________ a. nasty b. disgusting c. gross d. all of the above. Ack!! It's not like I'm a gourmand snobby snob but still.... Clearly my vote in the "where shall we go for dinner" election was not the winner.
While the food and the service sucked, the company was grand. My niece & nephew never fail to make me laugh! I love being with them. I love the fact that I can be my totally goofy self with them and they are totally totally duffous selves with me. Growing up we always had to be on best behavior around the relatives and I definitely did not want to have that kind of relationship (cause really? that's not a relationship, that's an act) with the kids. So we teased my niece about her ample bosom (did not inherit that from me or my sister) and they teased me about being old. After dinner, lots of hugs and kisses and see you laters. And for that my friends I will gladly sit through dinner at Friday anytime. Food for the heart if you will.






1 Comments:
Blogger Janet had this to say:

I didn't watch the superbowl this year. Then again, I don't watch the superbowl any year.:)

10:08 PM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • January 17th
  • Just for Laughs
  • Painting the Town Red, Er, Green? Yellow?
  • I Have Nothing To Say Today
  • Drama Queen Alert!
  • I'm Sorry RachAel Ray
  • Port Chuckles
  • The Words Will Make You Out 'n Out
  • Raising The Bar
  • Yet Another Post Where I Mention Rachel Ray


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape