Monday, May 15, 2006
Monday Morning Quarterback

So.

Saturday was a lovely day, spent with someone who's company I really enjoy. We talk about anything and everything, from the mundane to the serious. He's smart, funny, cute in a dorky way, and I totally dig him. He's single, sweet and employed. The fly in the ointment? He's just not into me. Not that way. You know, THAT way. I don't know why (how can you not love me?) but I know that's the way it is. And I've come to accept it and deal with it.

Except.

Not so much.

Anyway.

I spent a good deal of time of yesterday going over Saturday in my head and of course finding a million faults with myself. Why do we do that? Especially when it's something you can't go back and do-over. How much better would life be if we could edit, revise, get it right the second, or third, time. Life as a blog post. Well maybe life wouldn't be so interesting, all that perfection might get boring. But I digress. Did I ever let this poor guy talk? Did I shut up about myself for 5 minutes? Not really. Did I remember to smile and be fun? Not be so fricking morose? Not really. Was I ever not an asshole? Don't think so. Seriously, did I act that bad or is this all in my head? It's not like I can ask him and he's too nice to tell me if I did anyway.

On a totally different note, I kinda have this reunion thing this weekend. Do you think it's possible to lose 30 lbs before Saturday?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • Sometimes It Pays to Get Out of Bed
  • Help Wanted
  • I'm Guessing Not From The Gap
  • Naked in NY
  • Rock & Roll Hootchie Koo
  • Just Say NO to Michael K
  • Counting the Cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
  • And They Said It Wouldn't Last
  • I Dream of Johnny
  • Moan-er Lisa


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape