Monday, January 23, 2006
This & That...

It's a rainy Monday here in the city that never sleeps. Monday's bother me more than the gloominess. I don't mind the gloom as it usually matches my mood. I feel like if it's sunny out you're should be in a good mood. Like it's expected of you. But if it's a gloomy day you can be grumpy and no one questions it. So it's like the pressure is off.

Had myself a pretty good weekend. You know I'm still marveling about being able to leave the house for more than a 1/2 hour so when I tell you I took the train to see the BF (about 2.5 hour ride) you know I was fucking THRILLED. Hung out with the BF and this was the first time in about a million years where I actually felt like she was my BF. Like we had a real connection. We talked about some real things and made me really happy that I decided to go. Part of the problem is that the BF has a husband & kids (who I adore) but I'm always having to share her with & hey, I was here first.

Yesterday was all about errands (store, laundry the usual) and trying to watch Season 2 of "Party of Five". I couldn't wait for them to release S2 since seen I'd seen all the other seasons except this one. So it finally comes out and you know what? It kinda sucks. All the whining. All the anguish. All the pouting. All the women Charlie (I mean Jack, I mean Charlie) fucks. I'm seriously having a hard time getting through it and I certainly can't watch more than two episodes in a row. Do I give up on the Salingers? Do I abandon Bailey and his dimples? Do I discard them as callously as Charlie (or is it Jack?) discards all his women? Maybe I'll give it another week.

My niece loves herself a good plate of ribs so I told her about the BBQ place; she & her boy went to check it out yesterday. Her pronouncement? YUMMY!! And she totally concured on the mac & cheese: AWESOME!


Talking to myself and feeling old

Sometimes I'd like to quit

Nothing ever seems to fit

Hangin around, nothing to do but frown

Rainy days and mondays always get me down

What I've got they used to call the blues

Nothing is really wrong

Feeling like I don't belong

Walking around some kind of lonely clown

Rainy days and mondays always get me down

Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you

It's nice to know somebody loves me

Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do

To run and find the one who loves me

What I feel is come and gone before

No need to talk it out

We know what it's all about

Hanging around, nothing to do but frown

Rainy days and mondays always get me down

Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do

Run and find the one who loves me

Hangin around, nothing do to but frown

Rainy days and mondays always get me down






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • BBQ & J
  • Wedding Bell Blues
  • Just Wondering
  • The Art of Getting By
  • I Wanna Sing You a Love Song
  • Blogging on a Sat. Afternoon
  • 4 Times The Fun
  • Stifle
  • My So Called Thoughts
  • Blog Blahs


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape