Sunday, July 24, 2005
My Name is Lisa & I Want to Be Dooce.com

I discovered blogs after suffering through a few really quiet days at work. I loved the whole concept and community of it all. As a wanna-be writer (since I was old enough to hold a pen and think in complete sentences) the thought of starting a blog appealed to me. It took me a while to have the confidence to do it, I am pretty much a techno-idiot, don't know my HTML from my RSS. That obstacle hurdled (thanks Blogspot) all that was left for me to do was think of something to write about. Considering I'm never at a loss for things (i.e., me) to write about I started this blog a few months ago & have found it to be a great outlet, a creative way to blow off steam, work through some thoughts and really just talk to myself. Then I discovered stat counters. And now I'm a blog whore. What started out as a way to share private thoughts in a public forum has unleashed in me some need to shout LOOK AT ME!! from the rooftops. I WANT TO BE DOOCE.COM. And I mean that in the nicest, most complimentary way. I love reading DOOCE.COM. What I would do for to have half of Heather's talent and a quarter of her readership. Or the other way around. I WANT TO BE DOOCE.COM (without the getting fired, living in Utah or having a kid part). I want well-deserved accolades and a devoted internet following. I want hits on my counter goddamit!! I want to people near and far and throughout the land to be hanging on my every keystroke. I WANT SOME ATTENTION INTERNET. I NEED SOME ATTENTION! Help feed my hit-deprived ego. Show me some blog love iternet.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • The Fantastic Four: A Photo Essay of the Men in My...
  • Guess What I Bought?
  • Happy Birthday!!
  • Am I The Only One?
  • Pondering
  • Not Feeling It Today
  • One More Thing
  • I Would Just Like to Say
  • About the Time I Ran Away from Home
  • Life Goes On


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape