Sunday, September 25, 2005
The Brat

I was a bratty little sister. Whenever my sister, who's 4 years old than me, would bring friends over, I would be totally obnoxious, never leaving them alone. Especially if there were guys there. Oh how I would prance around and try to get their attention. Despite that, my sister was very cool with me. So when she got the invite to a reunion of the old crowd, she totally let me tag along. Just like the old days.

There were some people I had known only by reputation. And there were some people I wouldn't have recognized in a million years. But there were many familiar faces it was great to see, and hang out with again. This time though, I tried to keep my prancing to a minimum. It was kinda a kick for me, many of these people hadn't seen me in years and years and well, I'm all grown up now.

Out of all the people there, there was one person whom I was really glad to see. It was the brother of Frank, one of my 4 loves. I hadn't seen Joe since Frankie's wake nine years ago. It was good to see him and see that he's doing well.

A few observations:

Many of these people are married to their junior high & high school sweethearts. Which blows my mind to think that they've been with the same person since they were teenagers. On so many different levels, I have a hard time grasping that concept. I've gone through so many changes in my life, re-invented myself on some many occaisions, I wonder how do these couples manage to change, grow and stay together? I'm not the same person I was at 18, how could I be with the same person?

Quite a few of the couples were high school sweethearts, went their separate ways, and now have gotten back together. That I could deal with. OK, so I'm a sucker for a happy ending.






1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Very nice site!
http://www.incorporatingabusiness1.info/definition-for-incorporating.html When will i ovulation with clomid

1:42 AM 

Post a Comment

main page

It's been all about me since 1963

Name: Lisa Ann
Location:Nowhere
[Blogger Profile]

It's all about me. As it should be.


IT'S TIME (FOR ME) TO GET A LIFE!
Map Yourself

  • Frappr

    Stuff I'm listening to


  • Stuff I'm reading
  • ""Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards
    Stuff I hate
  • Stupid stupid people!
    Stuff I like
  • Google News
  • Rosanne Cash
  • Greg Trooper
  • Yahoo Baseball
  • baseball almanac
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Pollstar
  • wfuv
  • tv shows on dvd
  • deadspin


  • Other people's stuff I like
  • jennsylvania
  • underpaidkeptwoman
  • banterist
  • pink lemondade diva
  • amalah
  • les cadeaux
  • nycbloggers
  • the art of getting by
  • all & sundry
  • soulgardening
  • word girl
  • noojes
  • jen garrett
  • this fish
  • where the hell?
  • city crab
  • apt2024
  • tara


    Blogroll Me!

    Other stuff I wrote
  • This Is So Me!
  • TV or Not TV
  • Dreaming About Dooce
  • I Hate David Caruso (but love Bubba)
  • #!*!!#$^%!FUCK YOU DAMMIT MOTHER FUCKER
  • Radio, Radio
  • 'Cause It's All About Me
  • I Was Going to Blog About Falling in Love
  • The Run Bank
  • I Heart Muffins


  • My Past life


    Credits and stuff
    Powered by Blogger


    Blogarama - The Blog Directory

    Find Interesting Blogs In The Blog Directory




    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape